Thursday, November 3, 2016

Slimy Green Tree.

Slimy, Green, Tree   

Why eat broccoli Mum?

There is no point hiding it under the thick, lumpy, cream colored vomit. Did you really think I wasn’t smart enough to find the green, chunky, smelly, horrible vegetable? Come on. It’s broccoli.

Why eat broccoli Mum?

I do understand what vitamins are in the disgusting morsel that you make me eat. I have heard you say many times that there is so much calcium to grown my bones in broccoli. But I have something to say. Icecream, chocolate and whipped cream. You want Vitamin C? Fruit, orange juice and tablets! I have enough vitamins to last me a lifetime without that sticky, dry, tiny tree anyway.

Why Eat broccoli Mum?

It’s so not fair how I don’t desert if I don’t eat my broccoli. You keep rambling on about how we made a deal. But I never shook hands! Nope. I was never, ever, ever, part of that arrangement. There are way better ways you could say this. I eat most of my dinner, and I get desert. That way, we compromise.
Why Eat broccoli Mum?

Have you ever actually looked at broccoli closely? Before you put the wretched food in your mouth, observe the texture, feel, stickiness, and how dry it is. Then put the tree into your mouth, coat it with saliva and take the time to pay good attention to the taste. Can you taste the plain, dry, buds, that arise from the sticky green stem, sticking to the roof of your mouth?

Why eat broccoli mum?

You often give us delicious meals, like seasoned, homemade chips and fresh, homekill sausages. They are so good, but you have to ruin it with a sticky, dry, vegetable.


Broccoli.

1 comment:

  1. I really like the way you have worded the second to last verse. "Wretched food"

    ReplyDelete