Thursday, August 11, 2016

Freezing

I step outside, and the frost bites at my uncovered toes. Cold climbs up my body, reaching out to the pounding of my heart, creating the feeling of being in a snowstorm.

My  other foot stretches out, but darts back inside, when the icy frost, stings it, as if it were stung by a powerful wasp. Taking a deep breath, I run, skipping, and hopping, doing as well as I can, to keep the evil frost, from killing my precious feet.

I reach the cage, two, fuzzy, warm creatures, nestled inside, amounstest the hay. The wriggle and squirm as my frozen hands reach around their warm, toasty belly. I hold them for a minute, savouring the luxury of their warmth.

I place the bowl of crunchy tidbits in the cage, then replace the lid, and leave them in peace.

When the soles of my frost burnt feet reunite with the soft, comforting feel of blacky grey carpet, I finish getting ready for school, placing everything into my colorful, joyful school bag. I soon warm up.

Untill it is time to head off to school. I slip my shoes onto my feet, and grasp the handle of the frosty car door. I springs open, and I leap onto my seat, buckle in and read my book.

I now have conchored yet another frosty morning.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My star is that you hooked me in the story you made me feel cold. My Wish maybe you can add a bite more detail into some of the words

    ReplyDelete