Thursday, August 27, 2015

Cross Country. Being a Shoe.

Cross Country. Shoe’s Perspective.

“Woah! Hey!” What’s the rush? I wonder as I get thrown in the car.
“You can’t just chuck me!”

Oh, By the way I am a shoe and my name is Ellie. I have a very annoying sister Sally. She moans about everything!

The next thing I know is we are driving in the car going somewhere.  Sally is blabbering on about just getting thrown in the car so quickly. When we get to where we won't to go, I realize that we are at school again!  

But then I see that this is no normal school day this is Cross Country! How exciting! I remember this from last year! It was so much fun and we came second. I can’t wait till it’s our turn!

I tell Sally the good news but all she does is groans. “ Last time we came here, I got covered in mud and didn’t get washed for a week. Kaelyn sits down and I am bubbling, bursting and fizzing with excitement.  

“Nine year olds.” One of the teachers call. Thats us! As we line up I a bit nervous. Then, Ready, Set, GO!!!!

We are off!!!! We are in the 4th position and I am urging Kaelyn to go faster. But she paces herself. We are near The roundabout and Kaelyns mum is cheering her on. Then we end up in 3rd place! As we turn a few corners, we are up at the alley way and  we are far ahead of the 4th position. Kaelyn is fighting for second place.

Oh no, Here comes the alley way. Sharp Stones dig into my body, I feel that any moment I will start to bleed.

Then off the stones into the cold squishy  mud that covers my body. “C’mon you can do it Kaelyn!” I hear the crowd saying. We have still held the 3rd position as we  are turning past the zig zags. Then I see it. The finish! I smell sweat churning up amongst the sock.  Then we cross the line! 3rd place!

Now me and Sally are no longer Ellie and Sally, together we are SMELLY!!!!!

I have to admit, I do feel a bit squished! I get taken of and oh that fresh air! Even Sally is enjoying it.


That was the end of Cross Country day!

By Kaelyn

2 comments:

  1. Good job Kaelyn, Star I really like the way that you used good expression, Wish Maybe next time you could use a some more emotive language.
    Love From Casssidy and Rhiannon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you used persuasive language I wish it went longer

    ReplyDelete